Introductions, Integrated Security, Challenges and Threats
For the Facilitators, Day One is critical for:
- creating a safe, respectful space;
- assessing the priorities of individual participants and group dynamics; and
- conceptual grounding.
The evening of the first day is a key opportunity to adjust and adapt planned Day Two sessions to priority themes and group dynamics that have emerged.
For the Participants, Day One is:
- a transition from their daily lives to a safe, comfortable space where they can focus on their own needs;
- a day of release, when they are given the space, time and respect to tell their stories – often, for the first time in their lives; and
- an introduction to new and challenging concepts of security, which take time to absorb in context.